Remember the other day when we were talking on messenger as I walked to the library and we were just cracking each other up? You regularly make me laugh. You Scandinavians have this subtle humor that I find unbeatable. The fact that you have this amazing clarity to your thoughts and don’t take yourself so seriously at the same time is the eighth wonder of the world. I do so love that both of us are so comfortable confessing our faults at the drop of a hat. There’s a great power that comes from the ability to say “Well I fucked that right up, didn’t I?”
I also think that’s how you work on improving things. By being aware and actively seeking solutions. So I’ll go first in public, since this was my stupid idea.
1. Moody. Tonight everything and everyone annoys me. I am reading this stupid book and it’s making me want to punch someone (mainly myself for reading a book I don’t like).
2. Grudge bearing. If grudge holding were an Olympic sport, I’d bring home the gold for America.
3. Jealous. This has lessened greatly with the help of medication and age. I do have to mutter “comparison is the thief of joy” to myself every now and then, to keep things in check. The funny thing is, I’m not jealous of most people. I don’t want most people’s lives. I want my own unique vision of happiness.
4. Impulsive. The tie that binds us together my dear.
5. Hard on myself. I beat myself up regularly about things I can’t control and things that happened ages ago. I still wince when I think about positively mortifying things which happened in high school.
Since I can’t tackle this all at once (and truthfully I could go on forever), I’m going to work on a pressing one this week. Grudge holding.
Your turn. Also, anyone else have any faults you’d like to own up to? This is a judgment free zone. We won’t drop you like Gretchen Wieners.
(Illustration from here)